Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A thought...

So, something occurred to me recently, what would happen if I made it so that acting in one world did not prevent you from acting in the other? I mean, it made a lot of sense when you could only be awake in one world at a time, but now that you can be up in both, it seems a lot more silly. Why not make it that each character can act in each world? Doing this would remove, well, the advantage I disliked about rushing. I mean, you can still rush, but at this point you can rush in both worlds. If you rush in one world and hold back in the other, it's not because that's what you need to do to rush, it's because you might gain a strategic advantage in doing that.

Problem is if I do that, I'll need to come up with other, better ways of connecting the two. I have put some of the ideas of my last post into my next version (a big enough change that I'm calling it version 3.0). So, I think i'll test those rules out with friends, and see what they're like.

Oh, and I typed up all of my abilities, and I to 14 pages, and then another 4 for spells (that'll need to be extended, but a good start). So, yay, variety! Now I just need to figure out a convenient way of putting them together for character construction...

No comments: