Friday, August 17, 2007

Update

So, I haven't had one of these in a while. I wanted to update you all on what's going on.

I had hoped to make my first real Beta test open a week or so ago, and then I had a few, I don't know, bits of inspiration (how is inspiration measured anyways?), and decided to put it off until I implemented them. The main one was the acting independent thing, although I added a lot of rules for linking the worlds more. So, hopefully now I'll be able to put them up soon. I figured I'd post a question to The Forge and BGDF.com, just to bring up a little buzz (although, in both of them they were questions I had genuinely been pondering for a while, I guess it's just a good coincidence I can shoot them off now), make any edits I can from their comments, do last minute touch ups, and then send it off.

And I had a new idea for campaign mode. Something simple. Basically, your group needs to survive N games. That's all. However, whenever your character dies in battle, she may die overall (and thus you want to surrender early if you think it might be a bloodbath). However, you can only lose X games before you are completely destroyed (and thus, you don't wan to surrender unless you have to). I figure these put things in a good balance, and make an interesting negative impact loop: if you have lost (X-1) games, then your party really should be willing to fight to the death. Because of this, other parties will be less likely to want to really go for the win, since it would mean probably heavy casualties themselves.

I don't know, I guess I'm not sure what else is worth posting. If I think of something I'll let you know. Take care all!

Simon

“Imitation is suicide.” – Emerson

No comments: